We've got another plant journey story today! We heard from the fabulous Zoe, also known as @vegan.endo.mummy on Instagram! Zoe has a 2 year old son & a beagle (we love dogs!) and she suffers with endometriosis. This is where her plant-based journey begins - read more below!
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I started my plant based journey in January 2020. The main reason was for my health. I suffer with endometriosis which is a chronic condition with no known cure. A nurse had recommended cutting out meat and dairy from my diet may help so I decided to change to a vegan diet completely. As the months went on, I didn't see much of a difference with my symptoms however I decided to continue with my plant based lifestyle for the environmental impacts.
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
I used to love McDonald's big mac burgers. This was my pregnancy craving. I miss these and have yet to find a plant-based alternative.
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
Red pesto pasta with onions, chilli, spinach and baby plum tomatoes. Super quick and easy.
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
Her account is a great mix of sweet and savoury foods and she includes the recipes which are super easy to follow. I love her food photography also.
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
I see plant based becoming more and more popular over this past year. I think people are realising the impacts of a meat based diet on the environment and for our health. I can only see it becoming more popular over the years
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Don't feel pressured. It can take some time to adapt to a plant based diet and you will make mistakes and will find it difficult at times. However, try and educate yourself, follow plant based accounts for food inspiration and try new foods.
Head to Zoe's Instagram to see more tasty plant -based meals! https://www.instagram.com/vegan.endo.mummy/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,