Meet Yasmin! We are obsessed with her Instagram - @nourishingyas, you should definitely check it out after reading this post!
Yasmin is 20 and living in Cheshire!
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I transitioned to a plant based diet in March 2015. I was suffering with an eating disorder and discovering a new way of eating that took the focus off of macros and calorie counting made me excited about food again.
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
I love sweet treats, so I would probably say cheesecake but I’ve now mastered a vegan friendly version and have lots of recipes on my blog!
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
A veggie burger with hummus, mashed avocado and sweet potato fries.
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
I love @healthylivingjames - his savoury recipes are completely fail proof and so delicious.
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
I think that a lot more people are becoming aware of the ethical and environmental benefits of a plant-based diet. There are more and more vegan options available on a weekly basis and I’m so excited to see what comes next.
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Take it one step at a time - even if you’re not ready to fully commit yourself to a plant based diet, every small swap makes a difference.
What fantastic advice! Thanks so much for your plant-journey submission Yasmin! Great to hear from you. Check out Yasmin's beautiful Instagram here - https://www.instagram.com/nourishingyas/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,
(Check out our Instagram for more recipes, plant-based tips and products!)