We are OBSESSED with this plant-based chocolate cake recipe by Namely Marly. Marly is a 'Vegan Dessert Expert' and we can tell you that her ultimate chocolate cake recipe certainly proves that!
Prep time 15 mins Bake time 35 mins Makes 1 cake (you can judge how many servings that is ;) )
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (natural, not dutch processed)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt1 cup plant-based milk (see note)
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil (see note)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 batch Vegan Chocolate Frosting
Continue to Marly's excellent blog HERE to find out the recipe!
Don't forget to tag us on social media!