Before you get confused, this is a vegan approach on a chopped salad! A chopped salad would normally have all the ingredients chopped up, designed for meat-eaters. The salad typically contains eggs, deli meat, cheese, and/or bacon, but not today, we’re putting a plant-based spin on things! We’re swapping the meat for healthy and ripe tomatoes, cucumber and all things we love to grow in the back garden.
Your result should look something like this!
Prep time: 15 mins
Makes: 2 servings if main meal/4 if it’s a side dish
· Dressing of choice
· Cashew bacon bits - The highlight of this dish is the cashew bacon bits, so stay turned for the blog post on how to make this delicious healthy, vegan alternative to bacon.
· 1 cup of tomatoes
· ½ large cucumber
· 2 medium carrots
· Small bunch of coriander
· 1 can chickpeas
· 4-5 cups of greens like arugula, baby spinach, romaine etc.
· Grab your dressing and start making your cashew bacon bits (recipe soon to be linked in the ingredients list).
· Chop up the tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and parsley to your desired size.
· Drain and rinse the chickpeas
· Place a bed of greens in your bowl and top up with your chopped veggies, bacon bits, and salad dressing.
This article was inspired by: https://www.karissasvegankitchen.com/vegan-chopped-salad/
Hopefully, we’ve inspired you to get your chop on! Show us what you’ve made with a chance to be featured on our social media pages!
Love the EAT.PLNT team