Another plant journey story for you today! Introducing the fabulous Megan, 25 from West Yorkshire (but currently living in Brixton!) - you may know her as @poorlondonvegan on Instagram!
We are obsessed with Megan's beautiful plant-based food photography and can't wait to share her journey with you!
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I officially went vegan on Jan 1st 2019 (New Years Rezzy) but was veggie for 3 years before that. I slowly educated myself on the dairy industry and the ethical and environmental impacts and decided that Veganuary would be the best place to start!
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
I miss halloumi a lot, but just eat more tofu / other vegan cheeses (as I haven’t found an amazing alternative yet!) but generally just miss the convenience of snacking on the go.
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
Risotto mostly, as it’s amazing with so many different veggies and often quite salty which I love. Otherwise I have my freezer stock piled with batch cooks like curry, chilli and soup!
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
@lucy_and_lentils - her recipes are so inspiring and her photography is stunning!
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
I’m hoping to see more fast food options for reasonable prices, I would love to see a fake meat in McDonald’s. I also think healthy, quick options should be highlighted as often ‘dirty’ vegan junk food is advertised and as delicious as it is, it’s not sustainable for a healthy life
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Educate yourself so you know why you’re doing this and making the lifestyle change, be prepared to back yourself in arguments with trolls (or even family members!) and be inventive with your food so you don’t get bored and fail!
Thanks so much Megan, it's so great to hear your story. Check out Megan's Instagram account for more beautiful food photography and tasty meal inspo:
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,