Meet Katy, 51 who is one half of the fantastic Instagram page - @Theveganproteincouple with a small village called Lymm, in Cheshire in the UK.
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I started to be interested in plant based diets when my boyfriend had a supplements company and sold a lot of vegan products. After a few months of experimenting with some plant based foods I did Veganuary in January this year and haven’t looked back.
The biggest influencing factor for me is because my mum has Alzheimer’s and I have done lots of research in what I can do to help prevent this developing for me..... several books including 'How Not to Die' and 'The Alzheimer’s Solution', plus the film The Game Changers have been very helpful in convincing me that a plant based diet is the healthiest choice for me and the planet 😊
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
Cheese! ..... I like violife foods slices the best as an alternative.
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
Thai butternut squash and chickpea curry.
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
All have great easy to make plant-based recipes and also write ups on products and places to go! Two of them are closely linked to the health outcomes of plant-based eating and medical evidence.
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
It is the future!!! I suspect that eating meat will be akin to smoking in 20 years time.
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Start by having a plant based day or two a week. Master a couple of quick meals that you enjoy. Choose the vegan option when you’re eating out. Get a good cookery book - Bosh is excellent, Wicked Kitchen also brilliant.
Thanks for your plant journey submission Katy! So great to hear your tips! Check out Katy & Chris's Instagram here - https://www.instagram.com/theveganproteincouple/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,