Our next plant journey story is from the wonderful Jess from Glasgow aka @handfulofpassion
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I originally went vegetarian in my final year at uni over 4 years ago, after about a year and a half I learned more about the dairy industry and some other things through watching documentaries and decided to start working toward being vegan. I’ve now been fully vegan for over two years.
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
The only thing I really missed chicken kiev but now M&S have brought out a vegan version that tastes exactly the same. As for everything else I either wasn’t that bothered or there was already a version of it.
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
Mac and cheese
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
One of my favourites is @hannahveg, she’s super lovely and always posts such incredible food. She’s travelled a lot as well so always has a varied content to post.
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
I see it continuing to take over. In the last year the amount of new products that have been released is incredible and I think soon pretty much every company will have some sort of plant-based alternative to what they’re already offering. I think nowadays you’d be silly as a company not to want to offer some sort of plant-based option because so many people are wanting them.
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Don’t stress out too much if you slip up, it’s easily done at the start and doesn’t mean you should just give up. When it comes to eating, try and recreate your fave meals because it’ll really help make you feel like you’ve not really changed anything.
Head to Jess's Instagram to see her delicious plant-based meals and snacks! https://www.instagram.com/ahandfulofpassion/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,