We're back with another plant journey story! This week we are featuring the awesome Jake from @veganboi95! Jake is 24 and is currently studying Sports Nutrition at the University of Derby. Check out his story below!
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
Around 5 years ago I started my gradual transition and gave up meat! Then a year later I gave up fish and finally a year after that I went fully vegan and haven’t looked back since. I’m vegan for the animals mainly but the environment and health are big factors now too!
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
I think cheese is often hard to recreate, the sort of meltiness on pizzas etc but the thought of any food coming from an animal is GROSS to me now.
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
Vegan mac n cheese!
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
@gazoakley is my fave vegan chef for sure!
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
I think everyone will be plant-based one day when it becomes as easy as it is to eat meat etc.
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Veganism isn’t a concept based on perfection, it’s about doing what you can to your best ability. If you misread a label and accidentally eat something not suitable, it’s okay it happens to us all! Plant-based diets are becoming easier and cheaper and there’s no reason not to stick with it!
Head to Jake's Instagram to see more tasty plant-based meals! https://www.instagram.com/veganboi95/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,