Our next plant journey story is from Grace, 28 from Warwickshire. Grace (@plantlifegrace) is a professional singer and became vegan in 2018! Check out her plant journey below!
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I became vegetarian in 2016, after eating a dodgy McDonald\'s! I had always been an animal lover (albeit a hypocritical one at the time!) but a very fussy eater.. it took me until Veganuary 2018, to finally give up dairy. The dairy industry is so cruel, and there are so many great alternatives now, we don't need to be taking from animals!
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
Pasta with free from green pesto, with a mock meat and sprinkling of vegan cheese.
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
I love @accidentallyveganuk because they find great bits in supermarkets.
@hotforfood one of the first YouTubers I came across, great recipes!
@sophiebullimore for her baking recipes!
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
Getting bigger and better.. better products, more variety, and hopefully changing more people's lives for the better.
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Don't be hard on yourself, if you slip up within the first few months, we're only human, and changing your diet and lifestyle is a big step!
Don't try vegan cheese for a couple of months, because trying it straight after dairy cheese will be a disappointment! Give your taste buds time to readjust to the new flavours of vegan alternatives.
Head to Grace's Instagram to see more tasty plant-based meals and baked goods! https://www.instagram.com/plantlifegrace/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,