Our next plant journey story is from Emma, our wonderful designer, website creator and photographer! She's fantastic, we are sure you'll be hearing more from her soon!
1. Hi Emma! So, when did you start your plant-based journey and why?
Hi EAT.PLNT team! I decided I couldn't eat living creatures any more after watching Carnage (a mockumentary about Vegans). The message is delivered with humour, but hits the nail on the head.
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
Instead of butter on my jacket potato I pour on the oil from my jar of sun-dried tomatoes. It's actually tastier!!
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
Aubergine and squash tagine - here's the recipe I use! https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/recipes/moroccan-squash-and-aubergine-tagine
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
I don't do social media!
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
Everyone needs more education - food/health/diet, there is so much conflicting information. Eating a plant based diet is a tricky transition - I'm yet to cut out things like shop bought pesto (contains milk) and most of the yummiest dark chocolate contains milk too. But i'm slowly removing items from my diet and enjoying replacing - I try lot's of alternatives and then include them all. I have such a varied diet now and I eat so much fruit and veg. I enjoy my food and experimenting with spices and flavour combinations. Don't be too strict with yourself - play and enjoy!
I hope in the future, that we an all re-frame meal time. The traditional english meals that are so limiting and just don't encourage experimental cooking or trying new things.
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
If you are following a recipe that includes herbs and spices, double (or even triple) every amount. ie.... 1tsp of paprika = 3tsp paprika. Use vegetable stock cubes in your cooking and taste throughout. Experiment to find your own tastes!!!
Thanks so much Emma, we love your little tips and tricks about following a plant-based diet!
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,