If you are reading this first line, then you've already scrolled past the DELICIOUS colourful food photographs from Darryn, @thatsussexvegan who claims to be a lover of vegan junk food and has been vegan for nearly a year now.
Darryn is 36 and from Worthing, East Sussex which is really close to EAT.PLNT HQ!
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I started my plant based journey in March 2020, so nearly a year ago now. I initially starting reducing meat in my diet in February and moved towards a fully plant based diet on March 1st after watching Game Changers, Cowspiracy, Dairy is Scary and some other documentaries.
For me it's all about the animals and the environmental impact that animal production causes. Don't get me wrong, the health side of veganism is fantastic, I've eaten so many different foods since becoming vegan but there's some outstanding vegan junk food out there 😂
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
I honestly don't miss anything. Everything can be veganised and the plant-based food market is just getting stronger and stronger.
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
A tricky one but it's got to be a curry. Chuck everything in one pot, a few spices, some tofu, some veggies and you're done.
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
There's so many to choose from. @plantboiis are amazing it at the moment.
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
Plant-based eating will just keep on growing. You can walk into any supermarket and buy plant-based foods. All the chain restaurants are adding vegan options to their menus and it'll just keep on growing.
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
One step at a time, research and check the ingredients.
Head to Darryn's Instagram to see more tasty plant -based meals! https://www.instagram.com/thatsussexvegan/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,