Guacamole day is coming up! (Monday 16th September!) Isn't it just the perfect dip for an impressive evening of entertaining. In just 6 minutes you can make fresh, creamy goodness. The rich and buttery blend of avocados tastes best with an added crunch. So grab your tortilla chips and try to scoop up as much Guacamole as you can. This delicious dip can also work well as part of your main dish, especially with our Smoky Chipotle Vegetable Chilli! So why don’t you start raiding the shops for those gorgeous avocados and follow the recipe below?
Top tip: use a ripe avocado – under ripe avocados won’t be mash well or taste as yummy!
Prep time 6 mins
Makes 8 servings
· 4 avocados
· 1 jalapeño seeds and pith removed, finely diced - optional - leave out if you don't want it spicy.
· 2 cloves garlic chopped
· 1/4 cup red onion chopped
· 1/8 cup coriander chopped
· 2 limes juiced
· Salt to taste
1. Slice open the avocados and remove the pit, scoop out the green flesh and place into a bowl.
2. Smash the avocado with a potato masher or pop into a blender.
3. Chop the garlic, onions, jalapeño, and coriander then add into the bowl.
4. Juice the limes, and then add to the mixture.
5. Mix again and add in the salt to taste
6. Now get dipping! Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Why don’t you let us know your favourite dipping food to scoop up your guacamole in the comment section below! We would love to see what awesome pairings you come up with.
This article was inspired by:
Show us what you’ve made with a chance to be featured on our social media pages!
Love the EAT.PLNT team