Have you ever heard the phrase ‘I’d go vegan, but what about bacon??’ Well here lies the answer to all your problems – what many people haven’t learned yet is that there are multiple vegan alternatives out there! We love these crunchy cashew bacon bits. They are perfect to sprinkle over a salad, pizza or as a crunchy topping for baked potatoes!
Plant-based Cashew Bacon Bits
Prep time 5 mins Total time 15 Makes 2 servings
· 1 cup raw cashews
· 2 tsp liquid smoke (use chipotle powder, or extra smoked paprika if you don’t have any)
· 2 tsp of light vegan soy sauce
· 2 tsp smoked paprika
· ½ tsp maple syrup
· Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
· Add cashews in a blender/food processor and pulse until broken down into smaller bits. (If you don’t have these mixers, try roughly cutting up the cashews with a large knife on a wooden chopping board.)
· In a small bowl, mix the cashew bits and remaining ingredients.
· Spread the seasoned cashews onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
· Bake for 10 minutes, taking out halfway to stir around to ensure even baking.
· Remove from oven, let cool. Store in an airtight container - if you’ve got any left!
This article was inspired by: https://www.karissasvegankitchen.com/crunchy-cashew-bacon-bits/
We hope you love bacon bites as much as we do. Show us your creations through social media by tagging us today!
Love the EAT.PLNT team,