Hello fellow plant-based peeps! Today we are sharing the story of Alyssa Poythress, all the way from Clarksville, Tennessee in the United States!
Alyssa's account on Instagram is filled with nutrition and recipes. She is a senior nutrition major, who loves to cook, eat and learn about nutrition and food science. Read her plant journey below!
1. When did you start your plant-based journey and why?
I went plant-based my first day of college in August 2017. I was always curious about omitting animal products from my diet, but I was so used to eating meat with every meal that I didn’t know where to start. I’m a senior majoring in nutrition , and I plan to become a Registered Dietitian. A plant-based diet holds the power to prevent and reverse diseases. In my opinion, nutrition education should be given as prevention before medication. We need to learn how to eat to live, not live to eat!
2. Is there a certain food you miss and what do you have as a plant-based alternative?
I miss hot wings, but buffalo cauliflower is a great replacement.
3. What’s your go-to easy dinner?
I love a veggie stir-fry, taco bowl, or coconut chickpea curry!
4. Who is your favourite/most inspiring plant-based account to follow?
I love @plantbasedbre !!
5. Where do you see the future of Plant-Based eating?
In the next few years, there will be no excuse to not be more plant based. The opportunities are endless, and the health benefits are out of this world!
6. Which EAT.PLNT meal would you like to try the most?
7. Do you have any advice you would like to give to those just starting a plant-based diet?
Start somewhere whether that is switching to nondairy milk or meatless Mondays! It’s okay to have slip ups, just keep going! No one is perfect. Invest in your health and yourself, one meal at a time!
Isn't Alyssa so quotable? We love her account and everything she stands for - head to her Instagram to see more tips, facts and tasty plant-based meals! https://www.instagram.com/_foodieforthought/
To see more Plant Journey's head to our Blog page! 🌱
Love the EAT.PLNT team,